We provide training plans, qualifications and support tailored to your specific business needs.
This qualification has been developed by leading New Zealand mechanical engineers to equip staff with the skills and knowledge to work productively and safely.
With technology and automation rapidly driving change in the engineering sector, this qualification is designed with the future in mind so your people can respond and adapt to change.
Most of the learning is practical work completed on-the-job. Apprentices are also required to complete eLearning via our online learning platform Canvas, and attend block courses for two to three weeks each year.
All graduates will be able to:
- Understand relevant health and safety legislation and workplace safety culture
- Interpret drawings and specifications and use the appropriate materials, processes, tools and equipment for the task
- Apply knowledge of relevant engineering principles and practices, and problem solving skills, to perform engineering tasks to industry standards
- Use effective and efficient processes, principles and quality systems to produce components and provide services in a commercial mechanical engineering environment
- Communicate effectively within a team and the wider workplace
- Recognise the limits of their own ability and the importance of working with integrity and maintaining currency in the mechanical engineering field
Graduates of the General Engineering strand will also be able to:
Build, maintain and repair a broad range of machinery and equipment using fitting, machining, fabrication, hydraulics, pneumatics and welding skills and knowledge.